- Its aqueous solution behaves as a polymer electrolyte.
- Its solubility in water is much better than ordinary PVOH.
- Its aqueous solution excels in viscosity stability, is less prone to abnormalities in fluidity under high shearing speed conditions, and performs excellently in high-speed coating operations.
- Its solubility in aqueous alkali solutions is excellent.
- It features good compatibility with water-soluble polymers such as starch.
- It forms a chelate with a metal ion (in particular, aluminum ion) to cross-link and insolubilize the metal ion.
- As a result of coating operation for paper, it greatly improves the surface strength and strength in Z-axis of the paper.
- It features much better barrier properties than ordinary GOHSENX™
|Product Grade||Viscosity*1 (mPa.s)||Saponification Degree (mol %)||pH*2||Applications|
|T-330H||Min 99.0||27.0 ~ 32.0||6.0 ~ 8.0||Sizing agent for Printing paper, Coat paper, NCR paper (Carbonless) Release paper, Emulsifier for PVAc-Em Adhesive Cement mortar agent, Film, Drilling fluid control agent|
|T-330||95.0 ~ 98.0||27.0 ~ 33.0||6.5 ~ 7.5|
|T-350||93.0 ~ 95.0||27.0 ~ 33.0||6.5 ~ 7.5|
*2: 4% aqueous solution
The possible applications of GOHSENX™ T include:
Surface strength improvement, printability improvement, vessel pick prevention, improved Z-axis strength, barrier effect (oil resistance, chemical resistance)
Compatibility with Starch
Cross-linking Properties with Polyamide Epichlorohydrin
|Product||Amount of Cross-linker (%)||Film Drying Conditions||Elution Rate (%)|
|GOHSENX™ T-330||0||23 degree C x blow-drying||100|
|70 degree C x 2min.||100|
|70 degree C x 10min.||100|
|5||23 degree C x blow-drying||100|
|70 degree C x 2min.||100|
|70 degree C x 10min.||64|
|10||23 degree C x blow-drying||71|
|70 degree C x 2min.||59|
|70 degree C x 10min.||42|
Textile Sizing Agent
Divide performance, fluff binding effect, wear resistance improvement, desizing readiness
Fluidity under High Shear Speed
Initial bonding strength
Cement and Mortar Additives
Stabilization of alkalinity
Dissolution and Storage
Dissolving GOHSENX™ T
Usually, PVA is used in the form of an aqueous solution. Solubility in water varies depending on the type of PVA. GOHSENX™ T, a carboxyl group-modified PVA, boasts higher solubility than GOHSENX™ T.
GOHSENX™ T is charged into room temperature water slowly in small amounts, and thoroughly dispersed. The water is heated, with constant stirring, the temperature is kept at 80 to 90 degree C for 30 to 60 minutes.
Storing GOHSENX™ T
Avoid storage in tanks or pipes that can readily rust. When considering blending GOHSENX™ T with a defoaming agent, rust preventive agent, or antiseptic agent, refer to the handling instructions of the chemical being blended.
|GOHSENOL™||60 ~ 100||50 ~ 100|
|Measuring conditions: Sample concentrations mean pure material concentrations.
COD was measured by potassium permanganate method (JIS K 0102), and BOD5 means the BOD value of over 5 days.
Measurement: Registration No. of measurement certification enterprise, Osaka No. 10013, KK Osaka Environmental Technology Center.