- Powerful dispersant of organic or inorganic materials. Suitable for dispersant of dye and developer for thermal recording paper.
- Excellent emulsifying power and protective colloid properties.
- In acrylic or styrene emulsion form, it is capable of stable emulsification polymerization unachievable with standard PVOH. The GOHSENX™-based emulsion boasts excellent stability and has various additional features.
|Product Grade||Saponification Degree (mol％)||Viscosity*1 (mPa.s)||pH||Applications|
|L-3266||86.5-89.0||2.3-2.7||5.0-7.0||Dispersant of dye and developer for thermal recording paper, Emulsifier for Acrylic-Em and PVAc-Em|
*2: 4% aqueous solution
Dispersant of Dye and Developer for Thermal Recording Paper
GOHSENX™ L is well used for Dispersant of dye and developer for thermal recording paper thanks to following features.
- Easy to prepare fine particles in a short time
- Superior in stability of the dispersion
- To improve image of resolution and stability of the whiteness
- Superior in antifoaming property
Emulsifier for Acrylic Emulsion Synthesis
GOHSENX™ L enables the polymerization of acrylic emulsion which is not achieved by general PVOH. The achieved emulsion has good stability, high adhesive strength, excellent dry film performances.
|Monomer ratio (MMA/BA, wt%)||55/45 (Tg: 11 degree C)|
|Emulsifier (%/monomer)||GOHSENX™ L-3266|
|Emulsion properties||Solid Content (wt%)||46|
|Viscosity (mPa.s) 25 degree C, 60rpm||1,100|
|Particle size (nm)||120|
- Emulsification polymerization
- Monomer concentration (%): 42
- Polymerization initiator (%/whole system): 5% Ammonium peroxodisulfate aq./10% t-butyl hydroperoxide aq.=1.8/0.4
- Duration of pre-emulsion dropping: 3 hours
- Polymerization temperature: 75 degree C
GOHSENX™ L is charged into room temperature water slowly in small amounts, and thoroughly dispersed. The water is heated, with constant stirring, the temperature is kept at 80 to 90 degree C for 30 to 60 minutes.