- Powerful dispersant of organic or inorganic materials. Suitable for dispersant of dye and developer for thermal recording pap
- Excellent emulsifying power and protective colloid properties.
- In acrylic or styrene emulsion form, it is capable of stable emulsification polymerization unachievable with standard PVOH. The GOHSENX™-based emulsion boasts excellent stability and has various additional features.
- It is a powerful dispersant of organic or inorganic materials.
|Product Grade||Saponification Degree (mol％)||Viscosity*1 (mPa.s)||pH||Applications|
|L-3266||86.5-89.0||2.3-2.7||5.0-7.0||Dispersant of dye and developer for thermal recording paper, Emulsifier for Acrylic-Em and PVAc-Em|
*2: 4% aqueous solution
Dispersant of Dye and Developer for Thermal Recording Paper
GOHSENX™ L is well used for Dispersant of dye and developer for thermal recording paper thanks to following features.
- Easy to prepare fine particles in a short time
- Superior in stability of the dispersion
- To improve image of resolution and stability of the whiteness
- Superior in antifoaming property
Emulsifier for Acrylic Emulsion Synthesis
GOHSENX™ L enables the polymerization of acrylic emulsion which is not achieved by general PVOH. The achieved emulsion has good stability, high adhesive strength, excellent dry film performances.
Example Test Result of Emulsion Polymerization
|Monomer ratio (MMA/BA, wt%)||55/45 (Tg: 11 degree C)|
|Emulsifier (%/monomer)||GOHSENX™ L-326|
|Emulsion properties||Solid Content (wt%)||46|
|Viscosity (mPa.s) 25 degree C, 60rpm||1,100|
|Particle size (nm)||120|
- Monomer concentration (%): 42
- Polymerization initiator (%/whole system): 5% Ammonium peroxodisulfate aq./10% t-butyl hydroperoxide aq.=1.8/0.4
- Duration of pre-emulsion dropping: 3 hours
- Polymerization temperature: 75 degree C
GOHSENX™ L is charged into room temperature water slowly in small amounts, and thoroughly dispersed. The water is heated, with constant stirring, the temperature is kept at 80 to 90 degree C for 30 to 60 minutes.