High gas barrier bottles with Nichigo G-Polymer™
- By using Nichigo G-Polymer™ as a middle layer, multilayer bottles with high gas barrier performance can be made.
- Nichigo G-Polymer™ has excellent adhesion to co-PET, making adhesive resin unnecessary. Even for multilayer bottles with co-PET, there is also the possibility to control delamination without adhesive resin.
- When co-PET is collected and put through the process of pulverization and cleaning, the co-PET recycling rate can be improved by removing only the co-PET thanks to Nichigo G-Polymer™’s good water solubility.
- Layer composition examples
- co-PET/Nichigo G-Polymer™/co-PET
- co-PET/Nichigo G-Polymer™/co-PET/Nichigo G-Polymer™/co-PET
- As an adhesive resin, maleic anhydride modified PO can be use
*1: Measured with DSC, both heating and cooling speeds of 10 deg C/min
*2: Measured with Melt Indexer (210 deg C, 2160g)
*3: Measured at 23 deg C / 65%RH
Co-PET multilayer bottles with Nichigo G-Polymer™ as a middle layer have high gas barrier performance that is 3 times that of single layer co-PET bottles.
Furthermore, by placing a Nichigo G-Polymer™ layer on the outside, gas barrier performance that is 50 times higher can be achieved.
|Layer structure of bottle||cc/bottle day air|
|(inner) co-PET/Nichigo G-Polymer™/co-PET(outer) = 350/40/350/(μm)||0.014|
|(inner) co-PET/Nichigo G-Polymer™/co-PET(outer) = 600/40/100/(μm)||<0.001|
Nichigo G-Polymer™ BVE8049P
Content capacity: 500 ml Surface area: 404 cm2
Outside: 23 degree C, 50% RH air, Inside: 23 degree C, 100% RH
|PET layer||Middle layer||Adhesion (180° peel test) mN/mm|
Nichigo G-Polymer™: BVE8049P
1) Novapex IG226S made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Sample layer composition: co-PET/middle layer/co-PET (40/20/40um)