High gas barrier bottles
By using Nichigo G-Polymer as a middle layer, multilayer bottles with high gas barrier performance can be made.
As an adhesive resin, maleic anhydride modifed PO can be used.
Features of emulsions that use Nichigo G-Polymer
Acrylic emulsions that use Nichigo G-Polymer have the following features.
- Stable emulsification polymerization is possible with a wide range of monomer compositions
- Excellent mechanical stability, chemical stability, pigment mixture stability, freezing and melting stability, and low temperature viscosity stability
- Strong adhesion with hydrophilic materials
- Forms tough films with excellent solvent resistance
- Water resistance can be increased when used with crosslinking agents
- Possible to manufacture powder emulsions that can be re-emulsified
Co-PET multilayer bottles with Nichigo G-Polymer as a middle layer have high gas barrier performance that is 3 times that of single layer co-PET bottles.
Furthermore, by placing a Nichigo G-Polymer layer on the outside, gas barrier performance that is 50 times higher can be achieved.
Nichigo G-Polymer: OKS-8049P
1) Novapex IG226S made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Sample layer composition: co-PET/middle layer/co-PET (40/20/40 μm)