Emulsification polymerization with acrylic monomers using Nichigo G-Polymer is now possible,which had been difficult with PVOH.In emulsification polymerization of acrylic monomers, in addition to the graft reaction, Nichigo G-Polymer functions as an emulsification stabilizer and has the outstanding stability and special film attributes characteristic of protective colloid-type emulsions (Em).
Features of emulsions that use Nichigo G-Polymer
Acrylic emulsions that use Nichigo G-Polymer have the following features.
- Stable emulsification polymerization is possible with a wide range of monomer compositions
- Excellent mechanical stability, chemical stability, pigment mixture stability, freezing and melting stability, and low temperature viscosity stability
- Strong adhesion with hydrophilic materials
- Forms tough films with excellent solvent resistance
- Water resistance can be increased when used with crosslinking agents
- Possible to manufacture powder emulsions that can be re-emulsified