Emulsification Applications With Nichigo G-Polymer™
Emulsification polymerization with acrylic monomers using Nichigo G-Polymer™ is now possible,which had been difficult with PVOH.In emulsification polymerization of acrylic monomers, in addition to the graft reaction, Nichigo G-Polymer™ functions as an emulsification stabilizer and has the outstanding stability and special film attributes characteristic of protective colloid-type emulsions (Em).
Features of emulsions that use Nichigo G-Polymer™
Acrylic emulsions that use Nichigo G-Polymer™ have the following features.
- Stable emulsification polymerization is possible with a wide range of monomer compositions
- Excellent mechanical stability, chemical stability, pigment mixture stability, freezing and melting stability, and low temperature viscosity stability
- Strong adhesion with hydrophilic materials
- Forms tough films with excellent solvent resistance
- Water resistance can be increased when used with crosslinking agents
- Possible to manufacture powder emulsions that can be re-emulsified
|Product Grade||Saponification Degree (mol%)||Viscosity *1 (mPa.s)||Note|
|AZF8035W-Standard Type||Min 98.0||3.0||Standard type, Powder form|
*1: Viscosity of 4% aqueous solution at 20 deg C